Here at The Supported Life Style Hauraki Trust, we provide residential and vocational services enabling an independent lifestyle for people with a range of mixed abilities. Our people-centric ‘Wayfinder’ approach brings unique challenges and achievements to all our lives. The Trusts purpose is to enable Life Stylers to live the lives of their choice. We do this through actively discovering and creating pathways to the individualised choices available and encouraging life plan achievements.
We are looking for an experienced Social Worker to be part of a wider team, who can use their compassion, imagination and curiosity to engage and motivate Life Stylers. This is a new role for the Trust to enhance our already strong team that ensures Life Stylers medical, rehabilitation, cultural, social and emotional needs are identified, and services are delivered to meet those needs.
Our ideal candidates will have:
- a tertiary qualification equivalent to Bachelor of Social Work and a current practicing certificate , registration required
- at least 5 years’ experience working in the health and disability or similar sector
- proven experience in working with individuals with multiple needs
- the ability to be a great motivator and team player and have a demonstrated ability to get alongside and ‘walk in someone else’s shoes’
- experience leading a team
- experience and understanding of Positive Behaviour support
- current experience working as part of an interdisciplinary and ability to carry out assessments, develop and implement rehabilitation plans
- a work history of positively interacting with internal and external stakeholders to achieve service objectives
- excellent personal boundaries with the ability to provide professional care and support
- the ability and desire to show cultural sensitivity, awareness and understanding of diversity.
- an understanding and be able to demonstrate the key concepts embodied with the Treaty of Waitangi
- a current Full Drivers License (and be able to drive a manual car)
- applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a NZ Work Visa. Work Visas are to be valid for a minimum of 12 months from application.
Ongoing training and development is important at the Trust, as is supporting each other and providing a positive employee experience. This is a full-time role, based in Thames, however we are keen to appoint the right person so will make this negotiable.
Apply to [email protected]