Here at The Supported Life Style Hauraki Trust, we provide residential and vocational services enabling an independent lifestyle for people with a range of mixed abilities including traumatic brain injuries.
Our purpose is to enable our whanau to live lives of their choice. We do this through engaging in continually building relationships between Life Stylers and Staff, through the lightest touch approach, asking questions, and not telling people what to do.
Our people-centric ‘Wayfinder’ approach brings unique challenges and achievements to all our lives. Our vocational farm offers day placements for Life Stylers and members of the local community. One of the Trust’s five vocational spaces, our farm offers farm and gardening experiences to Life Stylers and members of the local community.
We are looking for a Farm Leader to manage the day to day operations of the farm and provide support to Life Stylers and community members when they visit. This role is Monday to Friday, 07:30 to 16:30 plus on call and includes:
• general farm duties
• day to day management of the farm including stock management (animal care and welfare) pest control, pasture management, equipment and systems maintenance etc.
• ongoing planning for seasonal work and routines
• supervising Life Stylers during vocational visits
• developing and setting up activities for day placements
• providing education and awareness of how a farm operates to Life Stylers and visitors
• organising farm fun days
• providing on-call out of hours for farming emergencies
• line manager for farm vocational staff
• day to day management of the farm including all aspects of animal care and welfare,
The successful candidate will have farming experience, particularly stock management, and preferably with a relevant qualification, along with a motivating and encouraging personality, that can make our farm space a ‘must do’ activity.
Apply to [email protected] – closing date 15 May 2021, unless position filled earlier