Here at The Supported Life Style Hauraki Trust, we provide residential and vocational services enabling an independent lifestyle for people with a range of mixed abilities. Our people-centric ‘Wayfinder’ approach brings unique challenges and achievements to all our lives. The Trusts purpose is to enable Life Stylers to live the lives of their choice. We do this through actively discovering and creating pathways to the individualised choices available and encouraging life plan achievements.
We are looking for an experienced Social Worker to be part of a wider team, who can use their compassion, imagination and curiosity to engage and motivate Life Stylers. This is a new role for the Trust to enhance our already strong team that ensures Life Stylers medical, rehabilitation, cultural, social and emotional needs are identified, and services are delivered to meet those needs.
Our ideal candidates will have:
- a tertiary qualification equivalent to Bachelor of Social Work and a current practicing certificate , registration required
- at least 5 years’ experience working in the health and disability or similar sector
- proven experience in working with individuals with multiple needs
- the ability to be a great motivator and team player and have a demonstrated ability to get alongside and ‘walk in someone else’s shoes’
- experience leading a team
- experience and understanding of Positive Behaviour support
- current experience working as part of an interdisciplinary and ability to carry out assessments, develop and implement rehabilitation plans
- a work history of positively interacting with internal and external stakeholders to achieve service objectives
- excellent personal boundaries with the ability to provide professional care and support
- the ability and desire to show cultural sensitivity, awareness and understanding of diversity.
- an understanding and be able to demonstrate the key concepts embodied with the Treaty of Waitangi
- a current Full Drivers License (and be able to drive a manual car)
- applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a NZ Work Visa. Work Visas are to be valid for a minimum of 12 months from application.
Ongoing training and development is important at the Trust, as is supporting each other and providing a positive employee experience. This is a full-time role, based in Thames, however we are keen to appoint the right person so will make this negotiable.
Apply to [email protected]
Here at The Supported Life Style Hauraki Trust in Thames, we provide residential and vocational services enabling an independent lifestyle for people with a range of mixed abilities. Our people-centric ‘Wayfinder’ approach brings unique challenges and achievements to all our lives. The Trusts purpose is to enable Life Stylers to live the lives of their choice. We do this through actively discovering and creating pathways to the individualised choices available and encouraging life plan achievements.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse who will be responsible for assessing, initiating clinical intervention as needed, and working directly with other health practitioners as part of our inter-disciplinary team, in supporting Life Stylers with complex health and support needs. You will provide nursing care and expertise, both directly and in support of other team members who work alongside Life Stylers with complex support needs. You will also support Life Stylers, their whanau, and in partnership with the Trusts’ support staff, work to support Life Stylers experiences, meet their needs and uphold their rights.
This is a unique and rewarding role for an experienced practicing nurse. Preferably full time, however we would consider less hours and provide flexible working for the right candidate.
Experience and requirements for this role:
- minimum of 2 years experience working as a registered nurse
- registered Nurse with current registration
- experience working as part of a team, managing and developing plans
- experience providing high levels of commitment to service delivery
- experience coaching and mentoring others to provide the best care
- ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) in English
- knowledge and understanding of Te Tiririti o Waitangi Principles
- computer literate
- a full clean Drivers License
If you are interested and want to make a difference in somebodies life, please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected]
Click here to add your own text